28 July 2016

The Human Dress playlist

Ages ago, when I was writing the Human Dress, I had a playlist for it.

And now it's the future so almost all of it's on YouTube.

Gjallarhorn - Call of the Sea Witch
The Irish Descendants - Murphy Broke the Pledge
The Corries - Barge of Gorrie Crovan
Gjallarhorn - Konungen Och Trollkvinnan
Jethro Tull - Warm Sporran
Puirt a Baroque - Lament for William Chisolm
Loreena Mckennitt - Good King Wenceslas
The Pogues - The Battle March (Medley)
Dead Can Dance - Chant of the Paladin
Lisa Gerrard and Pieter Bourke - The Human Game
Dead Can Dance - The Arrival and the Reunion
Ian Anderson - In the Grip of Stronger Stuff
Dead Can Dance - The Host of Seraphim
The Sisters of Mercy - Under the Gun
Shriekback - Nemesis

"Puirt a Baroque - Return of the Wanderer" is why I have to say "almost all"

2 comments:

Janice in GA said...

Thank you for introducing me to Gjallarhorn! Reminds me a bit of Shetland music, unsurprisingly. I like it very much. :)

Graydon said...

Hi Janice --

Glad you like it!

I have the impression they're much less obscure in Scandinavia than they are in Anglo NorAm, but am not sure. They've been around for a while now, too.