11 August 2008

The least lamentable jellyfish

So the Metro Zoo has updated/renovated in the Australasia pavilion, and put in a big Great Barrier Reef fish tank (many fish, much coral) and some satellite tanks, which include a satellite tank full of jellyfish.
I need to go back there with a tripod, at a time the room isn't full, and see if I can do a better job of taking a picture of something self-illuminating in dark water behind glass in a dark room. It really ought not to be that hard, but the place was packed, and jellyfish move remarkably quickly, at least in terms of what will induce blur.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shiny. Please go back. I will look at as many photos of jellyfish as you care to post.

Graydon said...

It won't be soon -- I need a day when it won't be packed -- but I expect I will go back on sheer 'ought to be able to do better than that' grounds.